Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fly Away!

Hey peeps!  Long time, no blogging.  We've had a very busy month.  My inlaws were in town, and then my husband got short-notice deployment orders, and now everyone (but me, yet) has a stomach bug.  But amidst all of this chaos, I got my new PTI goodies yesterday.  I couldn't resist one of the newest mini sets- Fly Away.  This set is so so so cute.  And to top it off- it's only 5 bucks.  Really.  PTI, how do you do it?

We all have problems with masculine cards.  After we get past the baby stage with light blue and bows we tend to get a little stuck.  This month's release at PTI solved that issue.  Fly Away features 2 plane images- one for paper piecing/coloring, and the other for solid inking.  It also has a banner that the plane can "tow" and 4 sentiments that fit inside the banner.  And again, all of this for only $5.

For my card today I chose the line art plane.  The plane is colored with copics (B41, B45, Y35, R29, R59, T1, T4, T6, W5.)  Then I cut it out, mounted it with mini pop dots onto the background piece.  I made the background using a piece of white cardstock, masked it with hand cut clouds, and inked it up.  I added some Pink Paislee 365 patterned paper, some My Mind's Eye button, a sentiment, and some PTI ribbon, and viola!  A very cute card for a boy.

Thanks for stopping by, have a crafty day!

Supply List:
Cardstock: (Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise) PTI
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee 365 collection
Stamps: (Fly Away, Signature Greetings) PTI
Fibers: (Pure Poppy saddle stitch, button twine) PTI
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Bliss Blue (SU!)
Misc.: Buttons (My Mind's Eye)

15 comments:

  1. FABULOUS card! Love the striped paper, perfect with the airplane and colors you chose to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clouds and your copic skills!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I love love love this little card! The plane looks like it is totally junping off the card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...the plane, the clouds, the stripes!! So cute.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SO CUTE! I didnt get this set... and I am kicking myself.. I think it is going to go in my cart NOW.. unless it is sold out! LOL!! :)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so cute!!! You did a great job with your copics on that plane. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! I wish I hadn't seen that little airplane. It's sold out. I want it NOW! You've done a great job with it and I love your idea of using masking for clouds! Must try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool guy card! The plane looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is soooo cute! I haven't pulled out the plane yet you are makin' me want to! I love the clouds and the striped paper! That plane just pops!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Danielle! We must be on the same wavelength, because I made a card SO incredibly similar to this last night! SAME EXACT color scheme only I have polka dots where you have stripes. Too weird! I scheduled my post to go live tomorrow, but maybe I'll email it to you when I get home so you can see how crazy they are alike.
    Anyway, I LOVE this card *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! It's perfect!

    I stamped a plane, cut it out and now it's just sitting there waiting for the perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! Love the cloud background!

    ReplyDelete