Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Birthdays

It seems like there are so many March birthdays- my daughter, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother-in-law, and two aunts are all born in March. This card in particular I made for “Granny”, my husband’s grandmother. She turned 75 this year, and her health has taken a bit of a turn, so I went with a soft, yet cheery color palette.



I just love the sentiments in Papertrey Ink’s Signature Greetings set. The combination of the classic and strong all cap font against the fun, curvy font is so fresh and it lends itself perfectly to any style of papercrafting.

The daffodil images is from the Stampin’ Up! mini occasions catalog. I colored it with the Lavender Moon copic trio and outlined with T1. The set is called Abundant Hope, and it really is a beautiful set. This is the first set that I purchased in the clear mount option. I love that SU! is now offering unmounted stamps, as I have gotten so spoiled by photopolymer stamps that I can hardly stand wood mounted anymore. I do wish that SU! would offer photopolymer stamps as well, but this is a nice middle ground. And the storage is great!

Supply List- (all supplies Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Lavender Moon, Spring Moss
Stamps: Abundant Hope (SU!), Signature Greetings
Patterned Paper- Pretty Pastels
Other: Vintage Cream ribbon, Lavender Moon button, Copic Markers, Nestabilities dies (Spellbinders)

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a lovely cheery Spring card Danielle! Love the button on your bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, soft colors, and I love the daffodils, you colored them beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I like the colors you chose, so soft and fresh. Love the sentiment too! Thats one of my favorite sentiment sets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Great job on the card Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete